Quick & Easy Lemon Artichoke Soup
This soup can be stored in refrigerator for 5 days or in the freezer for one month. The recipe makes enough to cook once, eat twice or more!
• 64 oz. chicken or vegetable broth
• Juice of 1 lemon
• 4-6 artichoke hearts – water-packed, chopped
• ½ package of mushrooms, chopped
• 6 chopped asparagus - optional
• 1 egg
• 1 cooked chicken breast chopped or torn – optional
• 1/3 cup of cooked brown rice
Heat broth in a large pot to simmering. Add chopped artichokes, uncooked mushrooms, and asparagus.
In a medium sized bowl, beat the egg and add the lemon juice. Slowly pour ½ cup of the hot broth into the egg mixture and stir. Then slowly pour the egg mixture back into the pot and stir into the soup. If you are using the chicken and cooked rice, add now. Simmer 10 - 15 minutes and serve hot.
Get My FREE 10 Keys to Healthy Eating Guide!
Confused about what to eat and what to avoid to live a healthier life? My FREE 10 Keys to Healthy Eating guide will show you:
- What to look for on food labels at the grocery store
- How to separate fact from fiction and beware of food hype
- How changing one common ingredient can help you lose weight, boost your energy, and prevent disease