Hooray for Pumpkin!
Everywhere you look, it's pumpkin this and pumpkin that. It's fall's favorite gourd, and there are lots of reasons why you should love it too:
• It’s high in fiber (helping you to feel fuller longer)
• It promotes healthy digestion
• It is a good source of vitamin A, which supports healthy vision, bone growth and immune system health
• The vitamin A in pumpkin is a natural source of carotenoids, which help our skin and mucous membranes repel bacteria and viruses more effectively
• Its seeds contain the amino acid tryptophan, which helps the body produce serotonin, which boosts your mood and supports a good night’s sleep
• The seeds are also high in beta-carotene, which can reduce inflammation and protect against free radicals, lowering your risk of heart disease and cancer
How's that for a mighty gourd?
Get My FREE Healthy Guides!
Enter your email to get my easy, peasy lemon squeezy guides to jumpstart your healthy diet. You'll get specific guidance for the exact foods to get to fill your home with the healthiest food options possible.