Mason Jar Salad
Once you get the hang of making mason jar salads, get creative and start mixing up your salad fixins!
- 3 tablespoons peanut or almond butter
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- ½ granny smith apple (diced)
- 4 radishes (sliced)
- 2 celery stalks (diced)
- 1 carrot (diced)
- ½ cup rinsed beans like chickpeas, cannellini, or edamame
- 4 tablespoons of your favorite nuts or seeds (walnuts, slivered almonds, pumpkin seeds, etc.)
- 4-6 cups of your favorite greens (spinach, kale, mixed greens, etc.)
Add first four ingredients to a small bowl & whisk until smooth. Add apple to dressing (so it's covered and won't brown) and divide between two mason jars.
Layer the radishes, celery, carrot, beans, nuts/seeds, and greens on top and seal.
When ready to eat shake up the jar, open and enjoy or pour it into a large bowl to mix more thoroughly.
Tip: Wide-mouth jars work best for this easy way to bring veggies with you wherever you go!
Get My Simple Menu Planner
It seems like such a simple concept, but when we're busy, we need to actually plan what we're going to eat so we don't just eat anything that crosses our path. This planner will help!