Spicy Sweet Potatoes
- 1 ½ pounds sweet potatoes or yams, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small red onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 TBSP extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 to 1 ½ tsp chili pepper
- 4 gloves garlic, chopped fine
Heat oven to 400 degrees. Place the prepared potatoes (or yams) and onions in a ziplock plastic bag. Drizzle the olive oil in. Shake bag to coat vegetables well. Next, spread the vegetables into a glass baking dish in one layer; sprinkle evenly with the chili powder. Cover with foil and roast for 35 minutes. Remove the foil, carefully add the chopped garlic evenly, then cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring until the vegetables are tender and lightly browned. Serve warm.
Get My FREE 10 Keys to Healthy Eating Guide!
Confused about what to eat and what to avoid to live a healthier life? My FREE 10 Keys to Healthy Eating guide will show you:
- What to look for on food labels at the grocery store
- How to separate fact from fiction and beware of food hype
- How changing one common ingredient can help you lose weight, boost your energy, and prevent disease