Carrot Cake & Cashew Bars
Makes 8 bars
- ½ cup Medjool dates, pitted
- ¾ cup raw cashews
- ¼ cup finely grated carrot
- Dash sea salt - optional
- 1 cup warm water - optional
Combine the dates and warm water in a small bowl. If the dried fruit you are using is already super soft and moist, you can skip the soaking step. Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes, until the fruit is soft.
In a small food processor fitted with an "S" blade, combine the dates and nuts, then process until the nuts are broken down and the batter looks uniform. Add carrots and process again.
Place mixture on parchment paper, on a flat surface. Press the dough into a flat, rectangle shape. Once the dough is evenly thick, you can slice it into about 8 bars. Or can shape the dough into a dozen or so small round balls.
Separate the bars and wrap each in individual parchment paper; and store them in a sealed container in the fridge until firm.
For a different flavor, substitute unsweetened shredded coconut for carrot for the shredded carrot to make a coconut bar.
Get My FREE 10 Keys to Healthy Eating Guide!
Confused about what to eat and what to avoid to live a healthier life? My FREE 10 Keys to Healthy Eating guide will show you:
- What to look for on food labels at the grocery store
- How to separate fact from fiction and beware of food hype
- How changing one common ingredient can help you lose weight, boost your energy, and prevent disease