• 3 green onions, roughly chopped
• 1/2 avocado, peeled and pitted
• 1/2 cup orange juice
• 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
• 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 3 ounces spring greens or mesclun mix
• 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
• 1/2 pound asparagus
• 1 cup chickpeas, rinsed and drained
• 1/2 cup pistachio nuts, shelled
Puree green onions, avocado, juice, salt and pepper in a blender or food processor until smooth to make a dressing. In a large bowl, toss greens, strawberries, asparagus, chickpeas and pistachio nuts together. Transfer to plates, drizzle with half the dressing and serve. Extra dressing will keep one day refrigerated.
Get My FREE 10 Keys to Healthy Eating Guide!
Confused about what to eat and what to avoid to live a healthier life? My FREE 10 Keys to Healthy Eating guide will show you:
- What to look for on food labels at the grocery store
- How to separate fact from fiction and beware of food hype
- How changing one common ingredient can help you lose weight, boost your energy, and prevent disease