Take-and-Travel Healthy Food Ideas
Here is a list of some of my tried-and-true travel favorites. Some I pack no matter where I’m going or for how long – like oatmeal, protein powder, and nuts. Others I pack depending on where I’m going, how I’m getting there, what access I’ll have to fresh markets, and how long I’ll be gone. The more prepared you are, the more likely you’ll be able to eat healthier and feel better.
- Fresh fruit that’s easy to eat on the road, such as apples, bananas, etc.
- Oatmeal - Throw a serving size into an individual serving container or resealable bag or get the instant packets of plain oatmeal
- Nut butter single packs, like Justin’s brand - Delicious with a banana, an apple or celery
- Protein powder individual serving packets or packets you make yourself from your bigger jug
- Nuts - Combine your favorites like walnuts, almonds, and pumpkin seeds and store in individual serving containers or bags
- Dried berries or freeze-dried fruit
- Bars, bars, bars - I like Kind bars, Quest bars, Think Thin, and Larabars
- Single serving hummus and raw baby carrots or apple slices
- Dry roasted edamame or chick peas
- Dried soup cups - Just add water!
Be sure to pack a shaker bottle to mix on-the-go protein drinks and a reusable water bottle to stay hydrated!
The Ultimate Guide to Shopping for Clean Food in the Market
This FREE guide will step you through the process of conscious shopping and healthy eating. You will be armed with the knowledge to be a smart food consumer!