Summer is in full swing, and I hope you are enjoying the highlights of the season! Of course, my mind turns to what’s best-in-season for fruits and vegetables. July is a great month for strawberries, papayas, blackberries, cantaloupe, watermelon, peaches, bell peppers, summer squash, green beans, summer peas, tomatillos, and zucchini – just to name a few!
For many, summer brings memories of ice cream and s’mores, and that can send us snacking, especially at night! Do you find yourself standing in front of the open pantry or refrigerator after dinner, looking for your next snack? This month, I'll give you some of my favorite facts and tips to help you make wise snack decisions and to help you know when to skip the snacking. You'll also get a peek at a few of my favorite summer recipes.
As a health coach who care about how well you are inside and out, I also want to remind you to take care of your WHOLE body this summer. My daily summer advice is:
- Drink half your weight in ounces of water EVERY day (more if you are outside or exercising for long periods of time)
- Avoid sun during the hottest part of the day (12–3pm)
- Use a non-toxic sunscreen to protect your skin (and remember to reapply)
Have a safe and happy 4th of July!
Get My FREE 10 Keys to Healthy Eating Guide!
Confused about what to eat and what to avoid to live a healthier life? My FREE 10 Keys to Healthy Eating guide will show you:
- What to look for on food labels at the grocery store
- How to separate fact from fiction and beware of food hype
- How changing one common ingredient can help you lose weight, boost your energy, and prevent disease