DIY Trail Mix
• 1 cup whole or sliced raw almonds
• 1 cup raw walnut pieces
• ½ cup raw sunflower seeds
• ½ - 1 cup dried fruit – no sugar added
• 2 TBSP unsweetened coconut flakes
• 1 TBSP dried ginger
• 1 tsp cayenne pepper (optional) -- if you like a “sweet and spicy” flavor!
You can substitute other healthy nuts, such as Brazil nuts, filberts, cashews – it’s YOUR trail mix! The key is to avoid ingredients loaded with sugar or unhealthy carbs.
Combine all ingredients into a large bowl or zip bag; shake well. Pour into smaller containers for an on-the-go snack to take on your walks, hikes, or even in carpool line! Makes 5 – 7 servings.
The Ultimate Guide to Shopping for Clean Food in the Market
This FREE guide will step you through the process of conscious shopping and healthy eating. You will be armed with the knowledge to be a smart food consumer!
Woo hoo! Check your email for the guide.