- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 eggplant, cubed
- 1 zucchini, cubed
- 1 yellow squash, cubed
- 1-2 red bell peppers, seeded, ribbed and cubed
- 4 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- sea salt
- black pepper
In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Cook onions, stirring occasionally, until soft (about 5 minutes.) Add garlic and cook for 1 minute more. Stir in eggplant, zucchini, and squash and season with salt & pepper. Add 1⁄2 cup water, cover and simmer until vegetables begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
Stir in bell peppers, and simmer covered for 5 minutes more. Stir in tomatoes and thyme and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover partially and simmer until all vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in fresh basil. Serve over quinoa or brown rice.
Get My FREE 10 Keys to Healthy Eating Guide!
Confused about what to eat and what to avoid to live a healthier life? My FREE 10 Keys to Healthy Eating guide will show you:
- What to look for on food labels at the grocery store
- How to separate fact from fiction and beware of food hype
- How changing one common ingredient can help you lose weight, boost your energy, and prevent disease