Onion Mushroom Soup
- 5 yellow onions, thinly sliced
- Bunch of green onions, chopped
- 16 oz. mushrooms (recommended: Gourmet Blend – Bella, shitake, & oyster)
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp dry mustard
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 8 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 2-3 TBSP tamari sauce
- ¼ cup Mirin (Mirin is a type of rice wine, sweet in flavor. Look for it in the ethnic foods aisle.)
- ½ tsp white pepper
- ½ tsp black pepper
Heat olive oil or ghee in a large pot over medium heat. Add onions, mushrooms and sea salt. Sauté for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add mustard and thyme, stir to combine. Cover pot, turn heat to low, and simmer for about 30-45 minutes.
Add chicken or vegetable stock. Add remaining ingredients (tamari, Mirin and pepper) and allow to cook another 15 minutes.
Pour into soup bowls; serve hot.
The Ultimate Guide to Shopping for Clean Food in the Market
This FREE guide will step you through the process of conscious shopping and healthy eating. You will be armed with the knowledge to be a smart food consumer!
Woo hoo! Check your email for the guide.