15 Ideas for Better Sleep
If you’re having trouble sleeping, you’re certainly not alone. It’s estimated that as many as 70 million Americans suffer from sleep deprivation!
If you make getting more sleep a priority, you may see some changes. It can take 2-3 weeks until something may start to work for you, so if after a day or two of trying one of these tips, don’t give up. It may just take some time for your body to adjust.
First, start with deciding when you need to be in bed. For example, if you want 8 hours of sleep and you need to wake up at 6:00, plan to be ready for sleep by 10:00. This means you’ll want to start getting ready for bed by 9:30.
Note: If these simple solutions don’t work for you, be sure to check with your doctor to see if he or she can find the root cause.
Here is a list of 15 things you can try to help improve your sleep:
- Eliminate/reduce caffeine and alcohol (these increase urination and can cause restless sleep)
- Don’t have caffeine within 7-8 hours of bedtime
- Turn off electronic devices 1-2 hours before bed
- Finish dinner 3-4 hours before bedtime
- Drink a calming tea like Chamomile in the evening
- Sleep in a totally dark room (all sources of light off) or wear am eye mask
- Set your bedroom at a comfortable temperature
- Exercise in the morning, afternoon, or early evening (not late at night)
- Take a soothing hot shower or bath at night
- Listen to soft music before bed to help wind down
- Use relaxing breathing techniques or meditation
- Have white noise at bedtime – a fan or a white noise app
- Relax and read before bed
- Do yoga, Tai Chi, or stretching at night to de-stress
- Write down a list of things you want to get done tomorrow or put it on your calendar (dump your brain of details, so you can relax)
Get My FREE Boost Your Energy in 3 Simple Steps Guide!
Discover 3 surefire ways to boost your energy now in my FREE Boost Your Energy in 3 Simple Steps guide! You’ll learn:
- Why your morning ritual could be the #1 thing that’s making you tired
- Why your cravings can actually help you have more energy
- How doing what your parents told you as a kid will help you get more energy now
- A proven method to boost your energy instantly - anytime, anywhere
- How to avoid the 3 pm slump