Super 6 Ways to Eat Your Veggies
I remember struggling with adding vegetables into my diet. I just couldn't get interested. I came up with six different ways I could start enjoying them, so I’m sharing them with you. Coincidentally, they all start with the letter S.
- Soups - homemade can still be super simple, quick, and easy
- Salads - dark leafy greens and 2-4 other veggies with protein and a healthy fat
- Smoothies - add vegetables to your smoothie
- Sides - with lunch and dinner (steamed, sautéed, roasted, raw)
- Snacks - carrotss and hummus for example
- Sandwiches - add some greens and other vegetables to make your sandwiches more nutrient-dense; choose lettuce wraps for a low-carb option.
For me, the easiest ways are soups and smoothies, but see what you like. Taste and texture is the name of the game. Don’t think boring and bland; there are so many ways to add great flavors.
Don't just take it from me:
“Diets that are rich in vegetables and fruits are protective against many cancers. There is an enormous amount of work on this,” says Lee Wattenberg, a professor at the University of Minnesota who has been studying cancer prevention for 30 years. “Over the last decade, a fairly large number of prevention compounds have been found in fruits and vegetables. When you look at the totality, it’s quite impressive.”
Give adding vegetables a try! The little extra effort can be both delicious and good for you.
The Ultimate Guide to Shopping for Clean Food in the Market
This FREE guide will step you through the process of conscious shopping and healthy eating. You will be armed with the knowledge to be a smart food consumer!