Slow-Cooker Roast Beef and Potatoes
- 2 onions, sliced (do this and go to step 1 before preparing the rest of the ingredients)
- 4 lb beef roast
- 1 lb potatoes, peeled & chopped
- 1 lb carrots, peeled & sliced
- 2 celery sticks, sliced
- 2 dashes dried thyme or sage or parsley
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 dashes salt & pepper
Place a layer of sliced onion at the bottom of the slow cooker. Put the lid on and turn up to high; this will start caramelizing the onions while you wash and slice the rest of the ingredients.
When all ingredients are ready, add meat and the prepared vegetables, garlic, herbs, and spices.
Cook on high for 3-5 hrs, or on low for 6-8hrs, or until done.
Tip: You can substitute different vegetables if you like. For example, you can use sweet potatoes in place of the regular potatoes; or parsnips instead of carrots.
Get My FREE 10 Keys to Healthy Eating Guide!
Confused about what to eat and what to avoid to live a healthier life? My FREE 10 Keys to Healthy Eating guide will show you:
- What to look for on food labels at the grocery store
- How to separate fact from fiction and beware of food hype
- How changing one common ingredient can help you lose weight, boost your energy, and prevent disease