Have Food, Will Travel
Like with packing and setting your GPS, preparing for a trip requires pre-planning with your food. Start with your mode of transportation and make sure you’re prepared with healthy snacks whether you go by plane, boat, or car. Below is a list of my favorite traveling companions. If I’m driving, I pack extra in a cooler to have in my hotel room; if I’m flying, I try to buy more at my destination:
- Nuts, especially almonds or my favorite, a mix of almonds, walnuts, and pumpkin seeds
- Roasted chickpeas (The Good Bean or homemade)
- Bottled water or a reusable water bottle
- Cut-up fruit and veggies that can be eaten as finger foods
- Individual-sized hummus, peanut or almond butter, and/or guacamole
- Sliced apples (goes great with the peanut or almond butter)
- Crackers (goes great with guac or hummus)
- Hard-boiled egg (If you can’t take it with you, you can pick up a Starbucks protein box or get them at 7-11)
- Energy bars that are low in sugar, like Think Thin
- Oatmeal packets
As an added bonus, being prepared with food saves you money and keeps you from having to go out for every meal.
Get My FREE E-Book: 5 Foods That Will Help You Lose Weight Naturally
We'll make this easy as pie and twice as delicious.
In this e-book you will discover:
- The one type of fat and one beverage that will increase the rate at which your body burns calories.
- One food that will help you feel full longer and stabilize your blood sugar levels, so you’re less likely to store fat.
- What to drink to end late night hunger.
- How to select and prepare these five powerful foods.
PLUS, you'll get a recipe you can make in under five minutes that incorporates these five foods.